Thursday 17 November 2011

Messi: Interest and Hobbies

A number:
10.

A food:
Anything Argentinian made by my mother. Although I must say that my dad also cooks like a professional :-)

A dessert:
Sweet pastries and anything with dulce de leche

A colour:
Red

A place:
Rosario, Argentina, and the neighbourhood where I grew up.

What would you be if you were not a footballer?:
I get asked that all the time, and I don’t have an answer. I’ve always liked football, since I was very little, and I signed for Barca when I was only 13.

What is the first thing you do in the morning?:
I go to the bathroom.

What is it that you least like about your job?:
Being away form my family.

And what do you like the most?:
The fans’ affection and playing football.

What do you like doing when you are at home?:
Being with my family and playing PlayStation.

A book:
El Martin Fierro, by Jose Hernandez

A film:
El hijo de la novia (The son of the Bride)

A TV series:
Prison Break and Lost

mountains or beach?:
I love the beach

A trip:
I don’t have any particular preferences, but I really enjoyed going to Disneyland.

A goal in life:
To win as many titles as possible and to grow as a person.

Married life or single life?:
Right now, I am fine as I am: in a relationship.

White or dark chocolate?:
Dulce de leche! :-)

An animal:
Dogs

Bowtie or tie?:
I don’t like either, but if I have to choose…a tie.

What makes you angry?:
Many things, but mainly injustice and the suffering of the underprivileged.

A habit:
A habit: I always play with my hair wet

A flaw:
I am quite shy

A virtue:
I try to be a better person every day

Sweet or savoury?:
Sweet

A stadium:
The Camp Nou, full

A memory:
The day of my debut with my first team and the final of the Champions League 2009
Looking back to the first time you played in the first team. how did you feel?
It was lovely, I only have fond memories, to be with Ronaldinho, Deco, Samu… It was amazing. I still remember how Ronalinho wanted me next to him. There was space available between him and motta … but I had to wait for official approval from the club before I could move. It’s not just that you can go wherever you wish…

Meat or vegetables?:
Beef and salad

A secret:
I don’t have one’

Where would you get lost?:
I don’t know, I enjoy being at home.

Winter or summer?:
Summer.

Who would take with you to a deserted island?:
My family

A song:
I don’t have a favourite, anything cumbia. some of my mates laugh when I make them listen to cumbia. They give weird looks, as if to say “What is that?”

A footballer:
Maradona.

What do you say to those who compare you to Diego?:
Those who do never saw him play…

What was it like to be with him in La noche del 10?:
OH, incredible… that guy is unique. We were backstage with my dad, my cousin and my uncle talking about the autographs and photographs we were going to ask him for. Suddenly, Diego opened the door and he came in. We were petrified. He left without us asking for anything… the camera didn’t even leave the case…

Your favourite move:
Ronaldinho’s elastica

Your worst memory as a player:
My injuries

And the best?:
Lots, all the titles won with Barca and the gold medal with Argentina in Beijing

A competition:
The World Cup